Monday, November 03, 2008

ta|split|bs

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!


Just released a 0.1 version of my ta|split|bs extension. You can check it out at
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9471
Core functionality is there. Play with it, write it songs, take it to the park, break it, and then come back and tell me how it all went down. I want feedback. Does it suck? Why does it suck? How can I improve it. You get the idea.

Shotgun How-To:
Open split tab by...
CTRL+COMMAND or Windows key + Right or Left arrows.
or
Right click a link (or anywhere on a page) and select 'Open in Split Tab'.

Once the split tab is open you can drag and drop to your hearts content (links, tabs, pictures, whatever).

To navigate in the left or right contents you must click them, doing so will high light the location bar blue(left) or red(right). So if your url bar is red, whatever you type in there will show up on the right side. You get the idea...

5 comments:

Jonnie said...

Sweet, I haven't downloaded it yet but I was waiting for this.

Unknown said...

I apologise for being too lazy to install the following to note the extent of differences amongst these and your extension but I found all these and yours hoping for an extension that would allow a split view for the one page(bit like MSexcel does it). I have the application where a menu on the side initiates some script or something that displays a product list to the right but at the top of page when the menu is many screenlengths long. I think an old extension Tricky Frames might of used to do it but now there only seems to be Split Browser, Split Tab, Split Pannel, and Tab Splitter and yours which by descriptions aren't very differnt. I'd be happy to hear yours might have such functionality.
Regards Pete

Anonymous said...

Dude this is pretty awesome. Only wish I have is the option to open the split section on the right instead of the left. Later!

Vladan said...

I second that, great idea, works very nice (except of key shortcuts - doesn't work for me (Windows Vista)). Please, allow to split on the right. And thanx for the extension!

Unknown said...

It is very good work !

But "the blue" in url bar is always there.
When "ta|split|bs" is not opened: the url bar is nonetheless blue... :(

Please: Remove the blue one when "ta|split|bs" is closed.

thank you !