Thursday, October 16, 2008

Split it up pt.2

OK so the previous post didn't do a great job illustrating how my extension works. Let me elaborate...

The pane in the right says "Drag Tab Here", which is a tad misleading because you can drag tabs, links, pretty much any element with a src/href attribute. So in the previous posts screen shots I dragged links instead of tabs.

I've made a few minor updates since...

  • Split content is only activated/opened/visible by right clicking hyperlinks and selecting 'Open in Split Tab'.

  • The opening of new tabs collapses the split content pane. A bug just surfaced while playing around with this. Once a new tab is opened the split content has to be dragged by the grippy back out. Clicking on the grippy does not open it.



I wouldn't recommend using this extension quite yet. Its still pretty awkward to use.
I've checked the source into google code @ http://code.google.com/p/tabsplitter/source/browse/

No comments: