Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Shoot First Ask Questions Later v0.2

Good news, I've been able to login to my OP via JS and establish a session. So now when you login to your favourite OpenID supported site and are redirected for authentication you no longer have to login to your OP because a session was previously established.

Nothing incredibly ground breaking but definitely a big step in the right direction. From this I can now try and capture the redirect and prompt a user from chrome which information they're willing to part with (IE. Email, First/Last name, Address, etc)...

This is currently handled via your OP's website, as shown below.Next I'm going to be making some UI additions to the preferences window to allow for some OpenID settings. Things like your OpenID and the URL along with your username/password to your OpenID provider.

Right now my code only supports one OP (http://www.myopenid.com).

Word.

No comments: