Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The rickshaw ride that almost killed me

Did the tourist bit today; I went to India Gate and Red Fort for some sight seeing. I took a rickshaw to the front entrance of Red Fort that almost ended in tragedy. The rickshaw guys name was Haresh. He seemed quite popular amongst his rickshaw clan. All the other rickshaw guys were giving him high fives and telling me to call him some shit in Hindi. I think they were just jealous that he was able to nab a foreigner. I tried to get a pic of him but my camera died.

I got to bypass the main line to Red Fort, being a foreigner has some perks. Once inside, Red Fort is really a spectacle but for some reason I wasn't all that impressed. I had more fun almost dying then looking at this red building. Don't get me wrong, its incredible, it dates back to the Mughal era, constructed with no concrete, has some of the most brilliant inlay work, but really didn't blow my face off. Anyways check out the pics, there aren't that many because my camera was low on bats.

No comments: